Saturday, August 2, 2008

Junior

I was having a nice quite afternoon last week. My girl's were all playing together, our van was in the shop so I had to stay home and I was really enjoying myself. My sister even called and asked if we wanted to go to the lake with her and I told her no, that we were having a great afternoon. Well, I should have gone. Maddie and Ashlyn were playing in their room while I was doing the dishes and they came running out of thier room laughing, and what I saw made me want to cry. Maddie had a mullet (and a really bad one at that). Ashlyn had chopped off almost all of Maddie's hair. It was one of the worst cuts I have seen! Hair was all over their bedroom also... I hurried and called Mindy (my niece that cuts hair) and told her we had a problem. We walked to the salon (because our car was in the shop!) and Mindy and her friend did the best that they could to salvage the rest of Maddie's hair. Well, I can laugh about it now and Maddie has a new nickname from her father, Junior, because she actually looks a lot like Ryan's three year old picture! Maddie says "I not junior, I Maddie Sue" if you call her that, but Ryan is enjoying it. I have gotten over the loss of Maddie's hair and have found some cute flower headbands to go with the new due. Maddie now says that she wants her hair to be as long as Hallie's (which is past her waist) so hopefully the next time the two girls try something they will let me now by screaming or something!!!

Junior Sue

Ryan at three years old!

The culprits!!! Luckily they are awfully cute little girls and it is hard to stay mad at them for too long. Ashlyn held my hand the entire walk to the salon that afternoon and said "Mom even though you are mad at me, you still love me!" That kind of puts everything into perspective coming from a 4 year old!!! And of course I love them both no matter what they look like!


2 comments:

Becky said...

I think most girls have a hair cutting moment. I remember my friend and myself cutting my hair. I must have been 4 or something and mom was not too happy with me.

Laura Duce said...

Yup Jeff cut his older sister's hair and it was terrible. :)