Monday, August 11, 2008

8/8/08

The Olympics are here again! On Friday the Stewart's (We missed you Wilcox's!!!) got together at the Lake and had an Olympic party full of swimming, food, and Olympic games! The competitiveness came out and I think I was the only one slightly injured during my attempt to run in a pillowcase! We had a fun day and the kids were exhausted by the time we were finished. After the lake the family was kind enough to do a service project for a couple of hours on our house (helped with the siding on the porch) and then we had dinner and watched the opening ceremonies at Robyn's house. It was a fun day and we have pretty much just watched the Olympics since then - even Morgan is hooked!
Olympic Torch Relay - Ryan trying not to spill the water out of the plunger!
Morgan was on the winning torch team! Nice job Morgie!
Ashlyn throwing the javelin (or better known as an alligator pool toy)
Water Balloon Volleyball
The 100 yard dash - We did this by age groups and let's just say that the race between the 3 sisters was the most entertaining, we really missed Kristyn! Mandy won (proof from Keith's photo finish) and I ended up in a pile on the ground, for some reason I thought I could run with a pillowcase over my feet - not the smartest idea!

Maddie & Mia
Kali, Ashlyn & Tegan
Annie & Morgan




3 comments:

Becky said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am going to remember it for the next Olympics! You are always doing the cutest activities!

Macie's Momma said...

So is annie yours? She looks like you.. where are you living and working now? I'm moving to layton in a few weeks. I built a home in Bear River and just sold it in april. I got divorced-yuck- 1 1/2 years ago. Way hard on me and the kids- I wouldnt recommend it. But I'm now dating a great guy who loves me and the kids.. thats been my life for the past few years. what have you been up to?

Arizona Manwarings said...

Hey, How are you doing? I saw you on amies blog and had to take a peek. Your girls are so cute. It has been so fun to find old friends on blogs.