Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Red Farm House

I have always described this house as the little red brick house on Ryan's parents' farm and I wanted to keep it as a red house so we painted the siding red. I love the color and how it looks. We saw a house in North Ogden that was a great red color (red is kind of scary to pick out sometimes) and Alan Smith jumped out of the car and asked the owners what color they used. They were very nice and even went and got the paint bucket so I could right down exactly the color and paint formula. As you can tell the entire house is not finished, but we decided to paint as we go along so that it isn't quite as overwhelming of a job to paint the entire exterior of the house.
Sheetrock is all finished and the inside is starting to look like a house again. I painted the ceilings while Ryan was at scout camp - I rolled it all and my arm was killing my by the time I finished - Ryan got home about 20 minutes later. Pretty good timing on his part! Then we spent the next couple of days and have all the walls finished up. We just have a few touch ups left to do. I was going to do a bunch of fun different colors, but ended up just getting it all painted and I'll go back after we get moved in and make it more interesting. We were able to even uncover the piano this week. Morgan has been practicing up at my work because it was such a hassle getting to our piano.
The concrete is finished - Yeah - I have even been parking in the garage the last few nights! Above is the walkway to the back basement patio with stairs that go back up to the back yard. Our deck stairs will come to that landing as well. Below is the driveway. The girls have been loving it. They have been riding their bikes everyday. We have never had a driveway that they could ride on. In Perry it was way to steep, and this one was small before so they are getting good use of all the concrete!
Yesterday we started the wood floors. This is the west wall of the big room, we probably got about half of the room finished. Morgan was walking around saying, "it is so nice to have a smooth floor", kind of sad when your kids have to walk around holes in your floor and always wear shoes if they are inside! We will hopefully get the floors finished up this week. Ryan is kind of pulled in different directions at this point because everything that needs to be done he has to do it, the siding, the floors, and mainly the kitchen. So we just kind of hop back and forth between each of them and decided that everything is progress. Our goal is to have a working kitchen by October 1st (Morgan's b-day)! Hopefully that works!!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

I love how its turning out. Its so exciting to see it all come together. I really like the red-remember the color for me. I'm copying you next year.

Laura Duce said...

Wow lots of progress in such little time, well since I saw it last week. You guys are busy beavers.

The Mashy Family said...

So much work but it looks great I want to see the final product. I hope your first week of school is great. Good luck on your new job.

Shelley Hansen said...

I love the way it is turning out! How much fun for you...Love the color!

Jody said...

Yeaaa, it's coming along so nice!! But we never doubted it wouldn't! I need to come and see it in person! Hope everything is going well for you guys! Miss ya!~

runningcaj said...

Awesome! Thank you so much for posting and the pictures. It is a good way to keep up with you!

Anonymous said...

Looking good! I love the color.

Halo BW said...

that awesome

https://www.fn92100.com/2020/11/pinjaman-online.html