Thursday, July 29, 2010

Progress Today

I told Ryan this evening that today has been the first time in quite awhile that I have been semi excited about the house. It has gotten a little overwhelming and just plain old the last few weeks - which is probably why I haven't posted any pictures. You can only be so excited about constant messes and dust. But today we had some fun progress....the first wall of siding went up. Yes it is the smallest wall with siding, but it was at least started!

The cement guys showed up and they will be pouring the back patio and stairs in the morning. I have been the most anxious for our cement to go in... I am hoping it will at least help to clean up the look of the outside of the house.
This is just a picture of the first piece of siding going up... I was excited! Ryan thought I was dumb! The sheetrock was also stocked today so the sheetrockers will be here in the morning to get started on that. The last of the really dusty things to do. I am excited for tomorrow!
And then just to add to the busy-ness around here I decided to take a new job last week. I will now be teaching 2nd grade this coming school year. I am excited, but have a ton of work to do between now and August 28th!

3 comments:

Kimber and Erik said...

Yay for updates!!!! You guys are living quite the adventure. If any family could do this.... it's your family! I would definately be pulling out my hair.... and in gma's basement. But it will all be worth it!! We miss you guys! Hope to see you soon

Crystal said...

Oh its looking great! Also that is so exciting you will be teaching 2nd grade.

amy morgan said...

While I envy the final product (a house how you want it!) I DO NOT envy the path to get there ;)
Your patience is amazing - I would've pulled all my hair out weeks ago! Good job - and I'm sending good vibes that you have a kitchen super soon!!