Thursday, July 29, 2010

The House

The wall between the old and the new coming down. This was probably the worst day of this whole adventure so far... it was beyond dirty and dusty. Ryan and I were both black from the mortar on the bricks and all the dust. It took 4 trailor loads to the dump just to get rid of all the stuff we ripped out. I don't think I have ever been as tired as I was at the end of this day.
This is our current living area in the basement. We have a blanket hung at the bottom of the stairs to try to keep some of the dust out and we have one chair and two camp chairs that fit in the space. Ryan eventually pulled out his foam mat he uses for camping so he can lay down sometimes to watch tv. We were able to finally get the thermostat for the air conditioner temporarily moved into the basement so that we can use the air conditioner - it got a little warm for awhile.
This is standing at our front door looking straight back. The opening to the right has been framed in for our bedroom that will be on the other side of that wall. Morgan has to uncover the piano to do her practicing - she gets annoyed each day when I remind her to practice.
This is standing by the back wall of the addition looking towards the front of the house.
Our kitchen will be in that back corner. The walls were all insulated this last Tuesday. Those are my ovens sitting in the middle of the floor - We have had them for a year now just moving closer and closer to where they will be permanently!

1 comment:

Laura Duce said...

Wow I don't even recognize it. I'll definitely have to come over and take a tour when I'm there in a few weeks. Jackson won't be with me so it will be easier to come over.