Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trusses and Rain...

I woke up this morning about 5;30 a.m. because the wind was blowing quite hard and looked out my window to see dark clouds to the west... normally I would have just rolled over and gone back to sleep, but when all I have is a layer of sheetrock between me and the great outdoors, I started to panic just a little. The clouds continued to get closer, until about 8:15 when it started to rain - hard - but luckily it only lasted for a few minutes and the inside of my house was spared... the crane arrived soon and the guys got to work.
This is the first truss going up

The next group of trusses going up.


At that point I took off and went to the Dinosaur Park with my sisters and had a great time!


And returned just in time to see the last few trusses go on. It is starting to come together and it looks great!


One funny comment from today, Ian, my 6 year old nephew was watching Ryan quite a bit today and following him around a little and after awhile told Ryan, "You have an awesome job, I'm going to call you my working uncle." We love having Ian in town, he is always making us laugh!





2 comments:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Love watching the progress. Is Kristyn there visiting? How long will she be there? I'm heading to Mom and Dad's this week end. It would be fun to try and get together.