Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ryan has been working on the roof (as well as his regular job) for the past week and it is finally just about there. He is picking up the felt paper and ordering the shingles as I sit here and type! I will be glad to have a leak proof roof over our head again. Here are a few pictures of the last week.
Injury #2 happened as they were working on this side of the roof. Ryan's brother, Dale caught his leg on one of the metal plates on the trusses and ended up with stitches. And according to our niece Hallie - "that is going to cost him a butt load of money!" We laughed at that!
The back of the house. I am so excited for the deck. I think I will spend a lot of time there! I just need a rocking chair to put up there!


What our house looks like as of right now. I love the shape of the roof and am excited to get the shingles on there!

The next step in the process is gutting the upstairs. This past week I have just about moved everything out of the upstairs. We are sleeping in one bedroom downstairs and the girls are in the other. I have sold my dishwasher and stove and they will both be picked up on Friday, and I also sold my kitchen cabinets and they will be picked up on Saturday morning. So as of Saturday I no longer have a kitchen. I have stocked up on paper goods and cereal and will have to get creative with our grill. Ryan says about 1 1/2 months - but I am prepping myself for about 2 months before we are up and running again. We have also been without a air conditioner which I hate - I am one who never turns my air conditioner off and I love to be able to walk into my house and be cold - so needless to say it has been a little warm around here the last little bit. But we should be able to hook the air conditioner back up soon. One exciting note - I bought myself a new serger/sewing machine with the money from the cabinets and appliances - Ryan was going to just throw them all in the dumpster so I figured I would buy something fun with them!



2 comments:

Laura Duce said...

Wow that's a lot of roof to put on! Glad it's almost done. Yay for selling stuff and getting a new sewing machine and serger.

Jody said...

It's looking good! So excited for you! And Yay for a new sewing machine!!! :) ps. I was so good to see you the other day!