Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Every year for the Fourth of July, Ryan and his brothers put a softball team together and play in a tournament. Every year they complain about it, say they don't want to play, and then find some reason that they have to do it again! Last year it was because it was the last year before Dallin left on his mission, this year it was because Dale got married (I still haven't figured that one out yet), and next year I am sure they will play again! They didn't play very well this year, but I don't think they really care about that either. It just provides another year of stories to tell about who got hurt and who did something to laugh about! Here is Ryan on the bench (where he usually prefers to hang out)! Morgan and Ashlyn on the morning of the 4th watching Ryan play!
This is the look I usually get when I ask Maddie to smile!
After the softball game we headed over to Grandma Reeder's house to watch the Perry Parade. The kids get a ton of candy (3 grocery sacks about a 1/4 full each) and we also got 2 tshirts, a hat a couple of key chains, otter pops, and a few other souvenirs so the kids love it! Here are Hallie and Morgan waiting for the parade to start!
Here is Ryan and the little girls waiting. Notice Ryan gets his chair right up front. I think he collects more candy than the kids!!!
After the parade we took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda which was a cute show! Later that evening we went to Sandy's for a barbque and a game of kickball before we watched the fireworks and then watched a movie on the projector in the park. My camera batteries died before all that though so I don't have any pictures. Although the kickball game would of had some good ones. Sharon screaming while Ryan is throwing the ball at her, Mindy trying to carry Maddie around the bases, Sandy just about breaking her toe while kicking the ball, and Nate running nonstop in the outfield because everyone was trying to avoid him catching their ball. Good times!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Okay, I know I am behind on who is who, but I don't think I know of Nate??? Who does he belong to? : ) I don't think I have another cousin, right???

Laura Duce said...

Hehe I would've loved to have played kickball! I hope ya'll still go river rafting when I can finally go. :(